My Favorite Yoga Equipment and Videos


Email: *
First Name: *


Hi María here. After my last post I received a lot of questions about what equipment to use when you are doing yoga. Here are my favorite equipment and I also add some videos I used.

So let´s start:

Essential Equipment:
To do Yoga you need to wear comfortable, breathable clothing. I love to wear Yoga Pants, a T-shirt and I do Yoga barefoot, but you can use special socks for better grip.


  1. NINEXIS Women's Active Workout Bootleg Yoga Running Pants: They are the one´s I usually used, because they are comfortable, great price and have a variety of colors. Also I bought them at Amazon, and I really trust Amazon. I am size Small but for this type of Pants I bought Medium I think is better for me. You can chek them out HERE. 

     


  2. Boxercraft Women's Workout Clothes Sportswear Set - Sport Bra and Yoga Pants. Also a great idea if you want to look great. I usually don´t wear something so nice, because I workout at home, but is great for the Yoga Poses to use a Sport Bra. 





You will also need you own Yoga Mat. I have 2 mats, but I prefer the older one, I think I worked better and have more stability. The mat helps define your personal space, and, more importantly, it creates traction for your hands and feet so you don’t slip, especially as you get a little sweaty. The mat also provides a bit of cushioning on a hard floor. At gyms usually they have mats, but you don´t know how often they clean them up, so is better if you can have your own.

3. HemingWeigh 1/2-Inch Extra Thick High Density Exercise Yoga Mat with Carrying Strap: This mat is great to start is just $19.99. Of course there are several colors options and you can take it everywhere. 



Now you have the Yoga Essentials, the next few things are optionals but they really help, specially if you are a beginner.


Towels or Blankets: The folded blankets are props to sit and lie on when necessary. For instance, when you sit cross-legged, put a blanket under your sit bones to elevate the hips above the knees. They come in handy for all sorts of things during class, and if it’s chilly you can use them to cover yourself during final relaxation as well. I usually don´t use it. But when I first started it I did, and they really help. Remember you can also use your own blanket or beach towels, you don´t have to buy it. 


Yoga Blocks are props to make yourself more comfortable and improve your alignment. Blocks are great for standing poses in which your hands don't reach the floor. Another option is if you are at home is to use a thick book. 


Straps are particularly useful for bound poses if your hands do not reach each other, and for poses where you need to hold onto your feet but cannot reach them. You can also use a belt or a hand towel if you don´t have a strap. 


FOR MORE OPTIONS IN YOGA EQUIPMENT ENTER HERE. 

When I first started I bought this amazing video:

 Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown: It contains 2 workouts the first one is for beginners and the 2nd one is a little bit tougher. In both workouts you will find modify versions of the exercises so you can chose which one is for you. 

Yoga Burn: Is a progressing 12 week yoga program for women. The program was made by Zoe Bray Cotton and it approach Dynamic Sequencing that will promote natural and healthy weight loss. You can download the program or you can have the physical copy but you will need to pay for shipping and handling. I think this program is great, specially for those of you who has an specific goal in mind, because it will take you step by step for 4 months.

Hope it will help you! As always any questions or comments please let me know.

Until next time :)










Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Jennifer Aniston´s Yoga Workout!

If You Do Not (DO) Yoga at Home NOW You Will Hate Yourself Later

The 2 Week Diet: Complete Overview